Father is a celebratory meditation in dance, bringing the themes of the Lord’s Prayer to life. Readings from the book Heart to Heart: Meeting With God in the Lord’s Prayer alternate with contemporary songs exploring each line of the prayer. This is a powerful look at the heart of Christianity.
Choreographer: Carolyn Currey
1. Patrick’s Fire by Jeff Johnson and Brian Dunning
2. Small Enough by Nichole Nordeman
3. When the Stars Burn Down by Rebecca St. James
4. Imagine Immersion by Debbie Fortnum
5. Breathe by Marie Barnett, performed live by Rachel Starr Thomson (guitar and vocals), Sara Currey (harp), and Christa Currey (violin)
6. Come Quickly Lord by Rebecca St. James
7. Exodus by Michael W. Smith
Dancers: Carolyn Currey, Elyssa Currey
Musicians: Rachel Starr Thomson (guitar and vocals), Christa Currey (violin), and Sara Currey (harp).
Narrations: Rachel Starr Thomson
Running Time: 45 minutes
Father Album 2008
- click for pictures.
Promo video for Father 2009
Father toured for the second time during the spring/summer of 2009. Click here for an article on a performance at Covenant Christian School.